|CLICK THE AWARD PHOTO
TO GO TO
A LIST OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
The first buildings in Logan County were no more than tents,
brought by the pioneers who arrived on April 22, 1889. The
tent structures quickly gave way to wood, brick and sandstone
buildings and soon, Guthrie and the other Logan County
towns boasted architecture to rival any city in the Northeast.
Belgian immigrant, Joseph P. Foucart was the most well known
architect in the county and the first of his profession to arrive
in Oklahoma. He designed and built both residential and
commercial structures. Though many Foucart buildings have
not survived, many are still standing today lending elegance,
and historical significance to the streets they occupy.
Joseph Foucart's contributions are without equal.
The Victor Building and the Heilman House in Guthrie stand
as excellent example of Foucart style. The Logan County
Historical Society honors him and the people who have
contributed to the restoration of his and many other buildings
in the county.
The Foucart Award is given in honor of the buildings that have
been restored to preserve their original facades and to the
people who have preserved the architecture of those buildings.
AWARD IS GIVEN
BY THE LOGAN
|Click To Go Back
to Projects Page